But there have been good things too, the facebook communities, Rainbow Snippets and Queer Sci-Fi have been interesting, supportive and really a highlight of my year. Another brilliant spot was getting a toe in the door with Nine Star Press. Elisabetta and Raevyn were very welcoming.
The downside of this year was I hardly wrote. I sold only two short stories, an old one, Conned to MLR press (also new to me) and The Glow of Lumniferous Aether on Tinsel to Nine Star. I'm pretty proud of them, especially the latter which is averaging 4 stars.
But I need to write more. I have started my paranormal romance in the Hocking Hills These Haunted Hills and I really like how it's going. It was my nano and thanks to Lex Chase challenging me to word sprints, I won. I doubted I would have otherwise so thanks, Lex!
So my plans such as I make them for 2018 are as follows:
1. Finish These Haunted Hills
2. Keep trying to place Blood Red Roulette if it gets rejected from where it is now
3. Work on expanding Sacred Kin from short story to novella for Nine Star's Lost open call (this will probably be the priority as it has a deadline)
4. Fix the ending of Cassadaga Nights as it's almost ready which is good.
5. Dust off my bear shifter story and see if I can remedy it.
6. Work on Kaleo and Aneirin's story
7. Check out any short story open calls just to keep the name out there.
Wish me luck. Happy and creative new year to you all. To all my friends, fellow authors and readers, thank you for joining me in this journey. You make it worth it.